Independently implements programs within given functional area of the food safety and quality group under limited supervision. Responsible for supporting the implementation of relevant processes and procedures, and the daily execution of activities related to their functional area.
- Gathers and studies data to understand trends and issues in order to provide input to decisions related to product safety and quality in areas of assigned responsibility.
- Assists or supervises others in the organization within assigned technical areas of responsibility. This position has six direct reports.
- Provides technical and decision-making support and/or data analysis in managing situations and issues relative to quality and/or food safety.
- Collaborates and provides technical support to appropriate functions and employees to assure, food safety and quality of company products.
- Gauges and evaluates effectiveness and assure continuous improvements in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Designs and implements processes and procedures within assigned technical area(s) of responsibility.
- Participates on cross functional teams to assure effective implementation and adherence of QA initiatives and process improvement of our suppliers, under limited supervision.
- Performs assigned technical tasks/duties associated with department processes and procedures.
- Interfaces/provides technical support to appropriate functions and employees to assure regulatory compliance, food safety and quality of company products.
- Interfaces with company facilities to facilitate an ongoing effective relationship with packaging material suppliers.
- Evaluates effectiveness and assures continuous improvement in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Collaborates outside of FPRA organization to drive efficiencies and effectiveness with regards to food safety and quality.
- BS in Food, Biological or Chemical Science or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience required.
- Knowledge of food safety, food manufacturing processes, technologies or other relevant area of responsibility.
- Sound report writing, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of government regulatory requirements in food packaging (GFSI, FSMA, FDA, USDA)
- Demonstrated strength in setting an example for others.
- Troubleshooting, data analysis, and investigative skills required.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time. Must be able to travel independently and as a responsible company representative.