TITLE: Proposal Manager
AREA: SOUTH KANSAS CITY
SALARY: $ 90,000
Our client, a company with roots dating back to 1930 and a history of producing quality manufactured products continues its growth and diversification.
Where there is growth there is opportunity. They have asked Sterling St. James, LLC to help them identify and screen for qualified candidates to fill a Proposal Manager position.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Development Manager and general direction of the V.P. of Business Development, the proposal manager is responsible for estimating,
sales coordination and contract administration of orders received, including execution of projects from order entry through final invoicing. Travel is encouraged when appropriate.
- Responsible for client communication.
- Initiate, update, and ensure quotation data details/CRM.
- Receive inquiries and review with Engineering for design approach.
- Submit to scheduling, review schedule to include delivery timeline with
- Prepare estimate for labor and materials as well as accuracy.
- Attend weekly ASC meeting and provide status.
- Coordinate Management review of Estimate and Proposal.
- Travel as required to sell projects and to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Negotiate with the client and work with outside sales representatives to close the
- Review Purchase Order for accuracy in Commercial and Technical terms.
- Complete Commission Notices.
- Enter orders into software immediately after receipt.
- Chair project Kick-Off meetings within 3 business days after receipt of purchase
• Work as necessary to complete quotations on time and meet project deadlines.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required proposal experience is qualifying.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, a related field or equivalent experience is required
• Five years related experience preferred
• Prior estimating experience preferred
• Strong computation and math skills
• Organizational skills
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities
• Ability to work independently
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Ability to negotiate
• Ability to grasp mechanical and some chemical technologies related to specialty products
• Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, and CRM experience is required
If you feel you are qualified and are ready to move, send your resume in MS Word format as an
attachment for immediate consideration. Five percent travel.
This is a solid position with an opportunity to be closely involved in the manufacture of Heavy Equipment & Systems
will impact the success of the company. The company appreciates your effort and results.
If you think you are “the” candidate for this position send your resume for consideration.