Our client is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, they have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. The team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Our Engineering Groups work on things like:
- Building and maintaining robust data pipelines that ingest over 30TB of data each day.
- Creating infrastructure that is used by all of our software engineers.
- Building and maintaining a suite of analysis tools that enable our quantitative researchers.
- Work on world-class trading systems.
- Building technologies that bolster our trading businesses and drive productivity enhancements, collaboration, and risk reduction across the company.
We are seeking a hands-on Software Engineering Manager to lead the Corporate Platform Engineering team. This team is responsible for the Corporate Data Platform, and delivering mission critical infrastructure, data and services to all of corporate engineering and business teams.
Managing this team carries the following responsibilities:
- Lead a team of top notch software engineers.
- Work with corporate engineering and business teams to collaboratively develop a vision and strategic direction for the area and the team.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Contribute technically to projects via architecture, design, and hands-on implementation, in this role you may code up to 30% of your time.
- Tackle the complex and interesting challenge of discovering value hidden in the world’s data through software engineering.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least a BS/BA in a technical or quantitative field.
- 4+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience of teams with at least 5 direct reports.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Recent experience with Java (or other JVM languages), Python, C or C++ (you should be comfortable taking coding assessments in our interview process).
- Extraordinary programming skills.
- Demonstrated experience in designing large-scale systems.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance.
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms.
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship.
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves.