Love your job!
Our client, a growing tier 1 supplier is seeking a Materials/Logistics Manager to determine production needs and manage material flow as well as inventory for the plant. The Manager will review production needs and ensure materials are on hand to meet the requirements of the customers and the production floor. Will review schedules to for material supply requirements.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Directs movement of materials through plant under lean principles.
- Responsible for warehouse operations including shipping, receiving, warehouse stocking.
- Manage the interface between supply base, Material Planners and Engineering.
- Develop and implement overall logistics plan, in a manner that promotes low cost, high inventory turns.
- Develop a detailed goals plan for each year and report results in the monthly staff management review.
- Utilize continuous improvement techniques of the Toyota Production System.
- Supervise materials personnel and perform annual performance evaluations and career development activities.
- Develop with Account Manager a plan to minimize inventory of service components.
- Interface with the customer on delivery schedules.
- BS degree with 10 years of materials/ logistics/ supply chain Tier 1 experience / APICS or CPM certification a plus.