Senior Electronic Design Engineer
Kalamazoo, MI (Relocation Assistance Offered)
Competitive Pay, 20%+ Bonus, Great Benefits, Excellent Upward Mobility
The Senior Electronic Design Engineer will be working in a state of the art facility, and be part of a dynamic team creating cutting edge products. You will be part of a team and responsible for product design and development tasks including: schematic diagrams, component selection with design/cost trade-off analysis, proto builds, working with customer requirements, and analyzing performance of the design. You need to be well rounded and able to investigate factors like materials, performance, function, cost, efficiency, and contractual requirements. You will work on project teams or cross-functional teams within the business unit, working with customers, suppliers, and internal partners.
- Designs and develops complex products, applies analysis/modeling to predict and measure outcomes, and test results. Recommends product qualification procedures and parameters to achieve customer and product reliability and safety standards (e.g. failure analysis).
- Partners with product engineering teams (structured design process; customer design reviews). and writes supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports. May write technical responses or proposals for customers.
- Contributes to the completion milestones associated with specific projects (functional diagrams and system layouts; review detailed drawings and schematics; define data structure, interfaces and programming logic; analyze material requirements; research customer data item requirements).
- Reviews product specifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures.
- Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions, May mentor new employees.
We are partnering with a world renowned manufacturer and precision engineering organization ($10B+ in revenues) to find a Senior Electronic Design Engineer a rapidly growing division. This group develops and manufacturers highly specialized, customized products for niche applications (OEMs/distribution/channels) in various industries globally. The products for this division are motion control solutions; pneumatics/hydraulics, industrial automation, PLC/HDMI related.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science, or similar required. Professional Engineer Certificate or Advanced Degree desired, not required.
- 4-10+ years experience in related industry with most or all of the following experience:
- Electronic Design & Schematic Diagram Design
- Creation of PCB layouts / coordination of PCBA manufacturing
- Embedded software and microcontroller expertise
- Experience with power supply and output driver designs desired
- Proficient with engineering design and analysis tools (e.g. computer-aided design or modeling systems); ability to use standard software packages.
- Six Sigma design (FMEA, QFD, DFA, DOE) tools
- Solid understanding of EMI susceptibility and emission reduction techniques, EMC best practices and certification requirements.
- Familiarity with industrial protocols and test methods, data links (Ethernet or CAN) is desirable.
- Ability to manage project plans, track progress, present reports