Top 5 Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology or related field is highly preferred.
2. Product experience should include food products (USDA preferred)
3. Technical knowledge of food safety, food science, and regulatory requirements is a must.
4. Ability to demonstrate an understanding of process control methods and application of preventative practices.
5. 2+ years of experience in Food Safety management is Required.
The Food Safety Manager reports to the Director of Food Safety and implements and manages process control systems and preventative actions in the food safety area. You will manage our HACCP and Regulatory compliance programs. This includes food safety issues that are controlled by SSOP, HACCP or other pre-requisite programs. This is a unique position focused exclusively on Food Safety. QA is handled by others. You will develop the employees in your dept through education, training, monitoring, and mentoring.
- Direct management of the HACCP Coordinator & Micro Lab Technicians.
- Responsible for all HACCP related areas including coordination of follow up corrective action and employee training.
- Responsible for maintaining and continually improving the SSOP Plan. This includes employee training and reporting of SSOP violations.
- Maintain the internal facility audit process.
- Define the GMP Policies and Procedures for the plant and serves as the liaison with regulatory agencies.
- Manages the Listeria Prevention and Control program.
- Works with team members to define and assess the nature of problems and their source. Coordinate with Corporate Food Safety on any activities as needed. Lead mock recalls.
- Manages facility Pest Control Program (via 3rd party).
- Work with the sanitation team to improve or develop process controls.
- Maintains procedures associated with micro sample collection and analysis.
Instructions/How To Apply/What to Do Next:
If you believe you are qualified and wish to apply, please click on the Apply button. You will be instructed to complete an online job interest submission. Upon completion, you will receive an automated email confirmation verifying your interest submission has been received. We will contact you shortly via email/phone if your qualifications meet the requirements of the position. Thank you for applying!!