An Eastern Suburb of Cleveland, OH
Commensurate with experience and is a combination of salary and bonus potential.
The Advanced Software Engineer will develop system architectures, and work on highly collaborative R&D teams to design and develop embedded software systems for medical devices used in hospitals and the medical industry world-wide. The designs will utilize C++, Linux, Object Oriented Programming, and Real Time Operating Systems. Employees enjoy a small company environment with the security and career development opportunities of a growing $2.8B global company. This company strives to foster an environment where employees can learn, take on more responsibility, and grow your careers through internal promotions.
- Identify inconsistencies and formulate solutions to complex and ambiguous technical problems.
- Develop software designs according to architecture that meet defined product specifications.
- Propose solutions and technical direction for future development efforts.
- Use appropriate design principles to ensure robust, maintainable software applications.
- Provide in-depth design reviews to ensure designs can meet product’s functional and performance requirements.
- Mentor junior engineers to propagate good design principles and development practices throughout the team.
- Investigate new software technologies and tools and appropriate application.
- Ensure software architecture, design, and interface specifications comply with department guidelines and can fulfill requirements.
- Strive for continuous improvement in software design techniques.
- Provide software design and implementation support for potentially multiple projects
- Actively participates in investigation of next generation control systems and connectivity solutions.
- Deliver complete and accurate software documentation in accordance with company operating procedures including software architecture, requirements, detailed design, interface specifications, code review reports, and unit test reports.
- Provide refined software estimates for project planning.
- Bachelor’s in Computer engineering, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering required. (A degree in another Engineering discipline may be acceptable with proven software education and/or training and demonstrated software experience.)
- Eight years of progressive experience in the design, development and implementation of embedded Windows and/or Linux based software systems utilizing both structured and object-oriented concepts using C++.
- Six or more years of experience in design and implementation of multi-tasking and multi-threaded systems.
- Demonstrated technical expert within a software development organization.
- Understanding of development for a resource-constrained target environment with specific performance requirements is desired.
- Experience in development using various operating systems, including real-time operating systems (RTOS), such as ThreadX, RTXC, Linux, Windows (standard or embedded).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Knowledge of Internet of Things (IoT) and associated solutions is desired, e.g., remote monitoring solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with standard communication and network protocols.
- Experience with assessing cybersecurity risks and designing appropriate mitigations is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of common software architecture patterns and appropriate application.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience in software design at both architectural level and lower level details.
- Experience in the implementation of infrastructure and applications for Manufacturability, Installability, and Serviceability is desired.
- Demonstrated competency for continuous improvement in software processes, technologies, and tools
- Knowledge of software development standards such as the IEEE series, IEC-62304, etc.
- Experience working in the medical device industry or other regulated industry, which requires formal software development processes and software risk management is preferred.
- Travel up to 10% (including international)
Keywords: C++, Linux, Object Oriented Programming, Real Time Operating Systems, Embedded Software Development, Firmware
How to Express Interest - Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.