- Responsible for management of remediation activities and strategy over five sites (three active chemical manufacturing plants, one inactive facility, and one private property). Remediation activities include post-closure care of closed landfills/surface impoundments, soil vapor extraction system, and groundwater recovery systems.
- Responsible for management of facility’s RCRA permit including reporting (remediation, waste minimization, financial assurance, etc.) and agency communications, balancing deadlines and internal review needs.
- Responsible for project management of ongoing and future remediation related capital improvements, routine groundwater and sampling events, and strategic evaluations. Coordinate daily and weekly calls and meetings regarding project status and paths forward. Updating and maintaining the remediation P&IDs and SOPs for all systems.
- Responsible for working with the Remediation technicians, in-house Maintenance technicians, contractors, in-house Engineering/Capital Projects, and Unit operators and leaders with regards to daily compliance tasks and ongoing construction projects or desktop studies. Including data collection, input, and review as well as troubleshooting activities for remediation systems, safety, management of work orders, and permit issuance.
- Conduct routine environmental inspections and audits at the facility; Prepare and file inspection reports; and document and implement and follow-up on necessary corrective actions.
- Train and coach operations team on new or updated procedures and site specific permit requirements.
Our client, a global chemicals company, offers competitive salaries, a wide array of benefit options, and an exceptional retirement savings plan. These are just some of the many ways the Company recognize its employees for the large difference they make to Company's success.
Long-time, stable company growing through acquisitions. This company continues to improve its assets through capital investment.
- Engineering degree in Environmental, or Geology preferred
- 10-15 years’ experience in implementation of remedial measures, including investigation work-plans, investigations, interpretation and reporting, remedial feasibility studies, remedial system scoping, system construction, system operation, and final closure. While not necessary to have performed these roles directly, prior project management experience of these tasks is required.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Environmental Regulations regarding Remediation Management and Waste, as well as some Air and Water.
- Record of leadership in environmental compliance and safety performance.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work within a group setting, amongst a diverse workforce up, down, and across organizational structures, at the plant site, in the business unit, and with Corporate personnel. In particular, prior interactions with plant management, plant engineers, procurement experts, accounting & finance, attorneys, and corporate HSE management.
- Advanced system skills in Microsoft Office. S.A.P. knowledge is a plus
- Experience with developing effective remediation strategies, taking into account compliance, liability risk, and potential cash-flow and balance sheet impacts.
- Valid Driver License