This role could be filled at various levels from Manager to Technologist to Engineer.
The RIE Engineer will
- Understand design and wafer integration requirement on RIE process. Design and perform wafer process DOE. Develop and characterize RIE process for high volume wafer production. Meet tight requirement on process selectivity, shape, and critical dimension. Meet cycle time and throughput requirement.
- Develop RIE tooling and process control strategies (APC, SPC, and OCAP), control the tool and process to meet the tight wafer process requirement 24x7.
- Trouble-shoot wafer issues. Conduct defect analysis. Identify root cause of process problems and develop corrective and preventive actions.
- Work with development, integration, and other modules to transfer/implement new products/processes/tooling/methodology into production.
- Sustain 24x7 high volume wafer production and continuous improvement on process margin, process variation, throughput, and cost.
- Document detailed process recipe and procedures, train and certify technicians/operators, and conduct audit periodically.
- Recommend new RIE process technology and tools. Define production tooling strategy. Prepare and execute capital plan to procure production tools to meet capacity need.
Exceptional salary, benefits, career growth path, relocation assistance.
This company is the premire Electronics manufactor in the USA. Great Place to work.
- Advanced degree in materials science, physics, or engineering.
- At least 3+ years hands-on experience with RIE tooling development or wafer process development on AMAT (Applied Materials) , LAM (Lam Research), or TEL metal/oxide RIE tools from tool development companies or semiconductor wafer fabs (e.g. Intel, Micron, Global Foundries, Spansion, Seagate, SAE, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of vacuum equipment, process and thin film metrologies.
- Strong data analytics and statistics skills and proficiency in SAS, JMP, SQL.
- Experience with DOE, SPC, APC
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work productively and collaboratively with all levels of colleagues and management across organizational boundaries.
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to drive cross-organization collaboration.
- Ability to deliver against tight schedules with minimal management supervision.
If the candidate is able and interested, this may become a manager position.