Our client is looking for a skilled individual who is passionate about the automotive industry and truly want to help Automotive OEM’s improve their service on the phones and increase their revenue. As a Business Development Manager, you will be armed with the latest, most cutting-edge technology, and a full team to support you every step of the way.
The BDM role is about getting to know the needs of individual dealers and leveraging the products to help them get better on the phone and sell more cars. The only way to really understand the OEM’s needs is to sit across the table from them in their corporate locations…so this means traveling is a must. BDM’s plan out their week in advance but must be able to change their plans if an opportunity that can’t be missed arises. You will proactively call and email OEM’s to schedule meetings to avoid unwanted visits.
BDM’s must be able to present themselves well in person and on the phone. You need to be a constant student of the automotive industry and your ever-improving products. You must be comfortable talking to new people and fearless in asking for business.
This is an opportunity filled with challenge, reward, and the opportunity to sell and ever-evolving product. If this sounds exciting to you keep reading…
A Typical Week May Look Like:
- Works within assigned territory/region to identify and cultivate sales opportunities through a variety of sales methods, including, but not limited to, cold calls, emails, and timely lead response.
- Develops relationships with new and existing customers to grow their pipeline to meet established sales quota.
- Identifies opportunities with OEM’s, ad agencies, and similar partners and partners with the sales leadership team to create a sales strategy.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to prospective customers. This includes providing presentations on new products to existing customers.
- Provides product and pricing information to prospective customers, including preparing and negotiating sales contracts.
- Delivers realistic and accurate sales forecasting of potential customers to the sales leadership team and works with them to develop a plan to close these deals.
- Proactively visits and follows up with existing customers to ensure their customer experience is excellent. Addresses and escalates any needs as they arise.
- Attends trade shows and industry events, such as NADA conference, to represent.
- Meets daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly KPI's and activity minimums and ensures thorough documentation and reporting through accurate usage of SF.
- Provides regular and thorough communication to members of the sales leadership team on status of new prospects, pending sales/contracts, sales forecasting and planning, and sales pipeline.
- Participates in the customer journey, providing support to internal stakeholders to ensure the launch and onboarding of the customers is an excellent experience to increase customer retention and satisfaction.
- As necessary, supports the launch/onboarding and customer success teams if a customer is experiencing an issue that does not create an exceptional customer experience. Notifies the appropriate team members if a customer is at risk.
- Acts promptly when they become aware of customer complaints and partners with internal team members to resolve the issue to the customers satisfaction.
- Regularly communicates with sales team members and internal partners in the development, product, launch/onboarding, customer success, and marketing teams to ensure customers are where they should be in their sales process and are receiving through communication and excellent service.
Is This You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field; or equivalent combination of work experience and education preferred, but not required.
- Proven sales ability, preferably in the automotive or technology industry.
- Ability to develop defined territory through outbound and B2B prospecting, coupled with various marketing strategies.
- Solid understanding of the automotive dealership and culture with the ability to make presentations to key stakeholders and groups.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SalesForce Lightening CRM is a plus.
- Aptitude to learn and teach new software programs, tools, and applications.
- Energetic go-getter with the ability to develop and cultivate relationships.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly, while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset to understand upcoming needs of the customers and sales team.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and respond to changing needs as they present in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Ability to develop and deliver sales presentations to a diverse population.
- Ability to coordinate and plan sales and marketing events to reach the customer base.
- Ability to partner with multiple departments within the organization to ensure cross-departmental communication and synergy.
- Ability to provide comprehensive reports to the sales leadership team to “tell a story” on their performance.
- Ability to travel via car, plane, or train.