My client is expanding and looking to hire a Director of Materials Management to support a growing pipeline of diverse therapeutics. The ideal candidate will take on the following tasks:
- Oversee all material for manufacturing of small molecules, biologics and gene therapies
- Directs external CMOs for raw material procurement, storage, transfer, shipping qualification and inventory tracking and reconciliation.
- Responsible for procurement for materials, packaging materials, excipients and other materials directly related to production.
- Accountable for external material suppliers management via selection, evaluation and quality control, in collaboration with DS, DP and QA functional teams.
- Oversees vendor relationships including creation, negotiation and maintenance of Supply Agreements
- Supports CMC team and CRO/CMO on developing phase appropriate testing strategies, qualifying raw material and vendors
- Ensures compliance with international and local related authorities, regulations, GMP, GSP and SOPs
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- BS degree and 10+ years of pharma/biotech experience
- Understanding of drug development and gene therapy development, as well as regulatory requirements
- Ability to travel 10%
- Tele-commuting option -- can be based in NYC, Boston, Philadelphia or Washington DC areas