The Home Health Medical Billing Manager is responsible for overseeing the billing coding staff and making day-to-day decisions; responsible for understanding and coding all procedures within regulatory mandates; assists with following up on insurance claims, submit appeals as needed. This position is responsible for directing and coordinating the overall functions of the billing and coding department. The Medical Billing Manager position requires the ability to produce and present detailed billing activity reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the operations of the billing department encompassing medical coding, charge entry claims submissions, payment posting accounts receivables follow-up, reimbursement management.
- Serves as the practice expert and go to person for all coding and billing processes.
- Plans and directs patient insurance documentation, workload coding, billing and collection, and data processing to ensure accurate billing and efficient account collection.
- Analyze billing and claims for accuracy and completeness; submit claims to proper insurance entities and follow-up on any issues.
- Prepares and analyzes accounts receivables reports, and weekly and monthly financial reports.
- Audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of billing and collections operations.
- Ensures that the activities of the billing operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and are in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines and requirements.
- Analyzes trends impacting charges, coding, collection and accounts receivable and take appropriate action to realign staff and revise policies and procedures.
- Supervises billing office personnel, which includes work allocation, training and being available for staff needs; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business administration.
- Medical coding certification
- Minimum of 3 years medical/healthcare billing and collections experience in a medical practice or health system with a deep understanding of medical billing rules and regulations.
- 2 years supervisory or management experience preferred
- A combination of education and experience will be considered
Skills and Language Abilities:
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a variety of situations and with various individuals with different work styles.
- Ability to conceptualize workflow, develop plans, and implement appropriate actions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel and Kinser
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care. Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.