Senior Application Engineer, Informatica
This position is the senior engineer for enhancing and supporting client Informatica MDM solutions. This role will focus on resolving the most complex challenges and maintaining a pulse on trends and industry communications to ensure that clients both avoid costly problems and evolve their platforms optimally. This senior role should be technically experienced and act as a team lead to other application support engineers.
- Performs resolution for complex issues reported by clients.
- Gathers and qualifies functional and technical requirements. Vets design, development and unit testing results with clients for validation.
- Serves as an advisor and mentor to application support engineers and a point of escalation when those engineers need assistance solving a complex problem.
- Develops solutions requested by clients and works with supporting team to complete enhancement requests.
- Provides technical assistance and problem resolution for customers requesting assistance on application or system related issues or questions.
- Demonstrates a commitment to increasing customer satisfaction. Delivers friendly, courteous service to clients.
- Maintains information within a knowledge-based computer system. Includes data entry of commonly reported problems, questions, and known resolutions and troubleshooting steps.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Collaborates with other application support team members to document, plan and execute solution testing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of organization, self-direction, and discipline.
- Critical thinking skills and a strong analytical mindset.
- Deep expertise and technical configuration skills with Informatica Master Data Management (MDM) principles, data and technologies.
- Strong experience and skills with relational databases and SQL, especially Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Must have the ability to analyze database structures, data and troubleshoot errors/issues and performance.
- Deep expertise in data modeling and understanding of data integration, both real-time and batch.
- Technical experience with data quality, architecture and governance solutions.
- Experience with the Java programming language +.
- Working knowledge of Eclipse IDE Development tools.
- Understand of log4j logging definitions and levels.
- BA/BS required
- 3 – 5+ years experience on large scale Informatica MDM projects end-to-end
- 3+ years working in an Agile environment
- 5+ years data architecture experience
- Demonstrated industry experience
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States