Food Safety Manager
SUMMARY: Lead and ensure food safety implementation at the plant to assure the production of high quality, safe and legally compliant products that meet the desired product design and customer expectations. Assist in the development, maintain and oversee all Quality Systems and programs/procedures related to food safety. Lead continuous improvement on Quality and Food Safety.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and support standards (GFSI.) implementation and drive the appropriate Q&FS mindset and behavior
- Sustain efficient quality management system, in compliance to GFSI, HACCP standards, including CAPA and training programs
- Work closely with QA manager to review and utilize key metrics, of holds, customer complaints and audits outcomes.
- Note quality and food safety incidents. Support decision making for out of specification materials and products. Ensure that relevant established corrective and preventive actions are implemented
- Accountable for quality food safety risk assessments
- Participate in key continuous improvement projects.
- The role leads HACCP and food safety committees.
- Responsible supervision and verification of all prerequisite food safety programs and calibrations.
- Maintains, assures verification and archives all production and food safety related data as required by GFSI, HACCP and Local/State/Federal regulatory agencies.
- Review process deviations to provide root cause analysis to process deviation issues.
- Act as Recall Team Leader for the facility.
- Responsible for developing training materials and providing training for plant associates in food safety systems including HACCP, Good Manufacturing Practices, Allergen Management and Food Defense.
- Conduct internal food safety audits, and participate in all facility audits (GFSI, 3rd party and customer) as well as all local/State/federal regulatory agencies visits.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, microbiology, or other relevant degree
- 4+ years relevant experience in Food Quality and or Manufacturing environment
- 3+ years demonstrated success in relevant manufacturing/quality experience
- 3+ years leadership with line management experience
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) Certification
- HACCP/ HARPC experience and certification
- SQF practitioner preferred
- Statistics, Problem solving and Lean Six Sigma methods
- Food microbiology, analytical chemistry, and sensory methods
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.