My client is expanding and seeks a Lead Translational Scientist to lead a group and take on the following tasks:
- Assist in the design, execution, interpretation and reporting of pharmacodynamic and biomarker experiments
- Identify biomarkers for potential development of companion diagnostics for inclusion in clinical research studies
- Lead effort in the procurement, development and characterization of models through academic and industry collaborations
- Assist with writing, reviewing, and updating SOPs for all studies, assist with R&D projects to optimize and validate models and establish productive working relationships with external experts.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- PhD and extensive industry experience in in-vivo model development and preclinical drug testing
- 8+ years experience in experimental design, animal surgery, data interpretation, and statistical analysis
- Hands-on experience with in-vivo disease models coupled with understanding of pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Experience working with pharmacometric experts in the development of preclinical models
- Knowledge and understanding of the preclinical drug development process and experience in compiling pharmacology and toxicology reports for IND filing
- Exceptional communication skills coupled with creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions
Salary and title are commensurate with experience.