Take on programming Beckhoff PLCs for a small growing company that has been successful for over two decades. They are looking for someone that can take on projects and software programming from day one, so in-depth Beckhoff TwinCat PLC experience is necessary. They feel team camaraderie is very important which means working from the office on the Kitsap Peninsula is necessary. If you are currently living or want to live on the Kitsap Peninsula please apply and be ready to highlight some of your Beckhoff or Codesys experience.
Our client is a premier global leader in hydraulic and control systems in the marine industry. They design, supply, commission, troubleshoot, optimize, and support electro-hydraulic systems. Their designs are the most recognizable and highest performing in the industry. Due to an expanding organization with a remarkable customer base, there is an immediate need for a software developer to become part of the team.
Reasons you will want to work for this company:
- Access to the newest technology and equipment
- Competitive salaries and benefit packages
- Support in job-related continuing education and training
- International travel to appealing locations
- Flexible, casual work environment
- Involvement in every step of the project life cycle, from conception to completion
- Gratification from being part of a team where a single person has a meaningful impact
- Hands-on experience in a niche industry
- Unique, professional employment opportunity outside of Seattle
- The Kitsap Peninsula offers affordable housing and an attainable work/life balance
- Design, implement, document, and test software automation solutions using IEC 61131-3 standard
- Develop and support a framework for our control systems
- Program PLC’s and graphical user interfaces with CoDeSys V3.5 for electrohydraulic control systems
- Design HMI applications for simplicity and usability
- Develop reusable, well-documented code libraries for implementation by controls engineers
- Maintain and refactor existing software by fixing bugs and upgrading functionality
- Implement source control process to effectively track software changes
- Build internal tools and user interfaces to help the team operate quickly and effectively
- Develop frequent working software demos for customer review
- Develop automated software and hardware testing systems and processes
- Keep all technical documentation and software current and cataloged
- Implement new process procedures and modifications for more efficient operations
- Provide technical support to customers or team members via phone, email or on-site visits (both domestic and international).
- Develop functional specifications and I/O lists for projects
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, software engineering, or computer science
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in programing PLCs
- Experience with Beckhoff or Wago PLC platforms is preferred.
- Knowledge of the software development cycle