PRODUCTION MANAGER – METAL STAMPING – CENTRAL INDIANA
Primary Purpose: To Manage all Group Leaders / Team Leaders / Production Associates activities in the Press, Weld, Vibe, & Wash Production Departments. This position will encourage others to seek opportunities for different & innovative approaches to addressing problems as opportunities. Coach & develop Associates respectfully using guidance & feedback to help them strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas. Make critical decisions while following company procedures. Identify & correct conditions that affect Associate Safety. Initiative to be a Team Builder and convince the Associates to work toward a goal. Will also be responsible for driving key initiatives to include cost reductions, inventory management and delivery performance.
- Prefer Associates Degree or equivalent experience as an Area/Production Supervisor for at least five, (5), years in a fast-paced Production Environment with an emphasis in Stamping & Welding
- High school diploma or GED - Minimum
- Excellent Math, Computer, & Communication skills
- Demonstrated Leadership, Communication, & Facilitation Skill Sets
- Prefer five, (5), years as an Area / Production Supervisor - managing others preferably in a fast-paced Stamping & Welding Environment.
- Minimum three, (5), years press experience with progressive, &/or transfer dies, &/weld assembly processes.
- Demonstrated Leadership, Organization, and Communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to execute & develop practices which promote Continuous Improvement, Quality, Safety,
- Demonstrated capability of using measuring instruments (calipers, micrometers, gauging)
- Excellent skills in the use of EXCEL & Microsoft WORD
- Lean Manufacturing Concepts
- PMA Press Training
- New Hire & Safety Orientation, Available for on & off-site Training as deemed appropriate.
- TS-16949 - Internal Auditor
- ShopEdge training
- Yellow Belt & Champion Training - (Six Sigma)
- Drug Free Workplace
- In-Die Sensoring
- Excellent Organization and interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Communication & Computer skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to address all issues by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Interest and skill in developing subordinates; recognize individual strengths & weaknesses
- Self-Accountable - Teachable - Approachable
- Team Player - working with other Departments in executing Production and Shipment requirements.
- Able to flex to address changing needs
- Drive for Continuous Improvement
- Ability to problem solve
Principal Duties and/or Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance to Safety Policies and Practices
- Accident Investigations for proper Corrective Actions
- Ensure 5-S standards are maintained - Review verification of items on 5S checklist
- Ensure accountability & discipline.
- Keep all safety curtain/guards in place during operation
- Review & submit suggestions to improve the Safety Environment in assigned areas.
- Support all Quality systems
- Follow-up and execute as needed on Corrective Actions
- Promote Quality achievement & performance
- Define Quality procedures in conjunction with the Quality Department.
- Ensure checks, tests, and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated
- Ensure the Containment Checklist procedures are executed if product becomes contaminated.
- Allocate manpower as needed to meet production requirements
- Step into Group or Team Leader's role in case of their absence.
- Verify accurate scheduling of presses
- Ensure that Group & Team Leaders are adhering to company policies and administering effective pro-associate practices.
- Ability to enter into ShopEdge all Production data accurately, efficiently, and immediately after shift completion.
- Follow the Standard Operating Procedures guidelines - dies/fixtures come out if they are not running
- Conduct walk-thru's for confirmation of Associates adherence to daily activities - 5-S, TPM,
- Develop methods of improvement - using Continuous Improvements & A.I. Team Suggestion Routers.
- Produce & Approve the area's process production documents, (SOP's), process related tracking and investigation reports.
- Track & Administer Associate time off & attendance - to respond in a timely matter to any related issues.
- Track & Administer Associate training & ensure that all associates maintain the expected level of training on required documents, procedures, & processes.
- Track & Administer appraisal & discipline of work team members.
- Write & follow-up on Work Orders as needed for repairs in assigned area.
- Assist other Manufacturing requirements as needed.
- Report data for Monthly Management Review meetings
- Evaluate & Review goals with each Associate; provide feedback, correction, or direction as needed.
- Report Area performance to Associates on a documented schedule.
- Continuous interaction with associates to drive the TQPS philosophy
- Manage all 31-day charts, 5S checklist, TPM checks, reports, etc. for data collection & report outs.
- Find problem - fix problem (Initiate Temporary Process Change when problems can't be quickly resolved)
- Assist Group Leaders in tracking all Work Orders, Tooling or Maintenance, for timely & accurate repairs.
- Review & issue die set-up sheets as updated by Group Leaders, Team Leaders, and Associates.
- Responsible for performance reviews of all direct reports including mentoring, counseling, & corrective actions.
- Be available for A.I. team meetings as required & requested.
- Manage shift-to-shift communications to avoid unnecessary downtime
- Self-accountability and self-discipline
- 100% commitment to the TQPS principles
- Challenge the status quo.
- Respect for Associates in everyday activities.
- Possess Honesty, strong work ethics, & job knowledge to gain/keep the respect of associates
- Work non-routine hours as required to maintain production schedule compliance.
- Assure compliance of self and subordinates with NASG procedures and standards.
- Self-disciplined & self-directed to apply time as value added