We have a Fortune 250 food manufacturing client that has an opening for a Plant Manager for an eastern Wisconsin location. The Plant Manager will supervise, direct and participate in departmental work activities to produce the desired quality of finished product at the most favorable cost, meeting both quality and safety goals.
The plant has undertaken a multi-year modernization project to support their growing business. These infrastructure improvements include modernizing production, packaging and expanding capacity. The Plant Manager role provides overall direction for the facility in all areas of safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale. Responsible for driving improved performance, customer relationships, plant asset utilization, and positive employee relations.
Other responsibilities include developing and executing the site budget within corporate guidelines. Manage all plant resources to optimize profitability to meet or exceed internal and external customer expectations. Creating a positive work environment that supports continuous improvement, reinforces company philosophy and policies, and ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- 10+ years progressive manufacturing experience with strong leadership qualities, proven history of delivering sustainable results and with demonstrated success in LEAN/Six Sigma/TMM and Employee/Labor Relations. Food/Dairy/Beverage Manufacturing is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Science/Food Science, Agriculture, Business Administration, Engineering or related education is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated history of people development and building bench strength.
- Provides clear and strategic direction and executes with excellence.
- Prioritizes Human Safety and Food Safety as the First Priority.
- Solid financial background and experiences to understand daily, monthly, and annual to date impact of line efficiency, material yield, and labor productivity.
- Lead the plant through Change Management processes in an effective and efficient manner.
- Leads change and innovation.
- Effective interaction and integration of support functions of Quality, Logistics, Sourcing, Human Resources and Community relations.
Compensation & Relocation:The client offers a generous six-figure salary plus bonus plan in addition to an outstanding relocation package.