We have been engaged by a highly profitable, global industrial company known for innovation, to find a seasoned Engineering Manager to drive product development for the most important plant in the $2B North American fleet.
The parent company leads the world in its industrial products niche, maintaining its edge via operational upgrades as well as innovation. An integrity driven West Point trained SVP of Operations has been recruited to drive lean and continuous improvement across the firm. With 15% YOY North American growth, and a $2B target by 2020, it’s an exciting time to join this dynamic and innovative company.
This key hire will work closely with the Director of Engineering to drive improvements as the business navigates explosive growth, lots of new products, a cultural turn around and a broader corporate operational upgrade. We seek someone with strong experience driving teams through product roadmaps for chillers and compressors across Applications, Design, Sourcing, Quality, Manufacturing, Testing, Shipping and Field Services. Experience leading teams in world class manufacturing environments in the HVAC or similar industries is a must.
Lots of room for growth. Growing the team from 2-10.
- Seeking an Engineering Leader to manage a team of 2-10 engineers.
- This role will lead technical efforts of legacy chillers and will be responsible for directing the day-to-day activities of their assigned team.
- The business contribution by the role is found in the delivery of technical support and personal growth in the assigned product space.
- This is done by leading a team in: timely response of technical queries to other business functions; on plan completion of product changes (correcting errors; supply chain dynamics, implementing improvements, expanding functionality, expanding the portfolio); retiring products in an orderly manner.
- Accountabilities of the Manager will focus on the team's delivery of form, fit and function for products in the assigned product space.
- The incumbent will work through the team, subject matter experts, other departments and outside companies to ensure that the expectations of chiller performance, quality, delivery and cost are met.
- This will be done in a documented process that is transparent, measurable and repeatable.
- The Manager is expected to leverage all engineering and business processes in the delivery of product changes.
- Fostering personnel development of the assigned team and the broader Engineering department, while enforcing process compliance, are expectations of this role.