Oversee and coordinate resources to rapidly deliver services and solutions to internal customers. Collaborate with solution architects across business units to create, promote, and implement standards for application design and development. Liaison between internal business users and contractors to ensure design language is consistently followed and that design is driven primarily by the quality of the user experience. Understands and champions DevOps principles and practices.
- Recognizes that ensuring a safe work environment is everyone’s responsibility. Demonstrates and leads others in safety first by acting in a manner that exhibits a deep commitment to a safe and incident-free work environment.
- Drive for quality results for self and team with a minimum of avoidable errors and problems, as well as the minimum consumption of resources.
- Recognizes who the customer is, understands the customers’ requirements, and focuses on customer satisfaction. Able to exhibit a sense of urgency to meet or exceed customer requirements and expectations of quality. Able to coach employees to perform in the same manner.
- Strong sense of ownership over problems and problem resolution.
- Excellent communication with strong relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision from the executive and departmental leadership teams.
Essential Job Duties
- Ability to lead a team of software engineers, with a focus on identifying and cultivating talent, and allocating team members to projects and tasks which facilitate growth.
- Ability to work with individual team members on developing personal and career goals.
- Ability to work with and in front of teams of people from various backgrounds and skill levels.
- Ability to work with other departments and leaders on identifying, setting, and achieving company and departmental goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects from conceptualization through implementation.
- Works with PMO to manage, coordinate, and align project resources with project milestones across multiple projects.
- Some infrequent travel may be required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience designing and developing business applications that interface with ERP/MRP systems.
- Experience designing and developing business applications on cloud architecture such as AWS or Azure (Azure is preferred).
- Experience managing and developing across a portfolio of web applications in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with developing and executing strategies to sunset and retire legacy enterprise applications and migrate functionality and users to modern solutions.
- Must be able to design and articulate ALM strategies for mission-critical applications.
Experience developing and maintaining solutions built with:
- C# with .NET core, Angular 2, SQL Server to create full-stack web application (required)
- Web APIs to communicate with various systems and hardware (required)
- Containerization (e.g. Kubernetes, Helm)
- Swift to create iOS apps (preferred)
- Azure DevOps
- Some technical knowledge or experience working with SAP and/or AS/400 is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in a software engineering leadership role
- 5+ years of experience in agile development teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong people-leader skills