Our client is a recognized industry leader in network security technology that is experiencing enormous growth and who’s offerings are well-regarded as being some of the most innovative in their space. As a result of their expansion we are seeking a successful candidate with a technical pre-sales background and experience in one of the areas related to network security(i.e. DDoS, DevOps, web application firewalls, network testing, etc.) to join their team and make their mark in this role.
Position title: Sales Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia area, and North Carolina
We are seeking a Sales Engineer professional with strong pre-sales and network security technical background with the ability to successfully communicate the company’s value proposition of innovative technologies to the customer base. The qualified candidate will work closely with an Account Executive and channel partners to drive revenue.
- Identify the opportunities, grasp the technical significance, and be able to understand the business problem.
- Work independently and in concert with a team in coordinating and executing various hands-on PoCs, solution demonstrations, trade shows, etc.,
- Prompt escalation management gauging a situation and its criticality.
- Conduct presentations, Webex sessions and whiteboard sessions fluently to pitch solutions effectively.
- Articulate the value of a solution, and its fit in a customer environment, with a focus on solution selling.
- Strong written skills, and ability to prepare RFP/RFI responses in a clear and coherent manner, that emphasize the capabilities of the solution.
- Maintain current experience in the field of application delivery controllers (ADCs), application architecture, and application security and other network security and perimeter security and DoS mitigation, cloud services, etc.
- Deliver technical overview and informal sales training of channel partners, VARs, integrators, and end-users.
- Travel as necessary throughout territory
- 3- 5+ years of pre sales experience
- Strong knowledge of OSI layers 2 – 7 and experience with load balancers, firewalls, web servers and caching with the ability to troubleshoot complex network environments as well as any other areas related to network security(i.e. DDoS, DevOps, web application firewalls, network testing, etc.)
- Ability to interpret packet captures and diagnose underlying problems
- Understanding of bandwidth management and quality of service concepts
- Knowledge of VPN, SSL and encryption related concepts
- Knowledge of SNMP version 1, 2, 3 plus the ability to read MIBS
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- BS in engineering, computer sciences or equivalent