Lead, direct, support and manage as appropriate all assigned plant food personnel safety and food safety efforts to ensure facility compliance with Company, state and federal regulations, policies and procedures. Achieve Research, Quality and Innovation objectives and maintain/create a safe and efficient work environment.
Company client has the most energized, high impact culture in the food industry. Our people challenge the norm and demand high performance of themselves, the Company and its products!
- Implement food personnel safety programs to ensure a safe work environment.
- Plan and deliver programs to train employees in food and workplace safety.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of OSHA, USDA and FDA regulations.
- Preparing and implementing QA policies and procedures.
- Conduct inspections to detect potential food or safety hazards.
- Lead plant food safety meetings.
- Ensure plant maintenance and upkeep is in compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Provide safety orientations and timely training topics.
- Ensure timely communications regarding safety matters with all involved managers.
- Continually strive for self-improvement in all activities.
- Reports to Plant Quality Manager.
- BA/BS degree in Science related discipline preferred or equivalent food safety experience
- Relevant experience in food processing/ingredient, chemical or pharmacy industries a plus.
- Knowledge of USDA, OSHA and FDA regulations and work policies.
- 2+ years of relevant QA experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong data collection and analyst skills.
- Ability to work different shifts on occasion.