Grow your career in automation with a company in Columbia, SC that has a strong track record of developing entire machine systems under one roof, from electrical design to PLC programming to 3D solid-modeling mechanical design to precision machining and electrical panel building.
This is your chance to develop elegant, robust automation system designs from fully automatic assembly lines to robotic cells to semi-automatic lean assembly cells. The successful candidate will show dedication, initiative, and kindness to work in a collaborative environment to produce innovative, robust machines to meet the customer’s goals.
- Design/programming of control systems for automated equipment, including work with PLC’s, servo motion, robotics, machine vision, etc.
- Interfacing with outside vendors for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly.
- Commissioning of machine to meet customer quality and cycle time requirements including testing and onsite startup.
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation
Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with automated equipment
- Able to write complete PLC programs from beginning to end for Rockwell and/or Siemens
- Able to program Rockwell and/or Siemens HMI’s
- Experience with industrial robots such as Fanuc, Epson, Kuka, ABB
- Experience with AC and Servo motion control Programming bar-code and RFID applications
- Programming direct part marking applications
- Experience with data logging and database interfaces
- Excellent interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environments
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Will be able to work effectively with minimal oversight.
- Must work well with clients and coworkers.
- Must be able to travel – job will require some out of town work typically in the Southeast but also possible to travel internationally for customer support and project installations up to 20% but typically 1-2 overnights a month