We are looking for a strong process engineer with experience in Extruded Foam Sheet.
Process Engineer Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility is process improvement and new product introduction. Process improvement will come from any point in the process, from raw materials incoming into the plant, through manufacturing, and out to the customers. This could include trials on new raw materials, changes in tooling, changes in equipment, changing plant layouts, investigating new technologies for processing, and so forth.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures so that machine operators can be successful in their jobs and so that the work is standardized. .
- Utilize DOE’s and SPC to “center” processes.
- Close involvement with new product launches and product enhancements. Work closely with all involved to get approvals if agency approvals are needed.
- BSME, BSIE, BSCh-E, or other similar technical degree.
- 4 years of hands-on foam sheet extrusion experience.
- Knowledge of formal continuous improvement programs and the ability to implement CI theory such as 6-Sigma and Lean (TPS).
- Very Process-oriented individual with strong experience in documentation, process standardization, creating Work Instructions, SOP’s, etc.
- Experience with DOE’s and SPC would be a big plus.
- Other helpful knowledge and skills would include 5-S, Fishbone Diagrams, Process/Value-stream mapping, TPM.