As one of the more dynamic GCs in Greater Nashville - they are starting to lead the way on commercial & multifamily construction in Middle Tn (& the Southeast). They also know their people make the company successful, so they take care of our work-family just as much as their clients. Work-Life balance is just as important as professional growth and satisfaction with all levels of employees, regardless of position or responsibilities.
Their company serves multifamily & commercial clients in a number of different industry segments with their most trusted developments. The company is roughly $50+M annually in volume and has a complement of 20+ employees based in Middle Tn. Their Company constructs projects on average of $1-15M.
Brief Snapshot of Requirements:
- Commercial new-construction projects.
- Total valuation ranges between $1-15M on average.
- Some multi-use and multifamily experience a plus.
- Must have 3+ years or more of commercial APM construction experience.
- Bachelors degree required
- Construction PM experience needed (can not consider residential/home-building candidates)
No required software experience- open to all formats as training will be provided.
Local candidates only - will not compensate for relocation.
The Assistant Project Manager will work with the PM on the entire construction process from Preconstruction through final completion. The APM works with the estimator’s and subcontractors is responsible for the success of the project from beginning to completion.
The APM is one of the points of contact for the subcontractors & vendors during this time and will source new Subs & Vendors for 3 projects as well as coordinate submittals, bids, show drawing review and other essential tasks in conjunction with the PM for overall client satisfaction.
- Must have a track-record for commercial construction projects over 3+ years.
- Some proficiency in writing scopes of work into subcontract exhibits.
- Ability to create a CPM schedule and modify it according to the needs of the project.
- Understands the fundamentals of scheduling to provide assistance to project staff.
- Able to partner with the project Superintendent and lead the project as necessary in an effort to maintain project schedule.
- Able to progress the project schedule with all of the players involved including company team members, Subcontractors, Owners, Owner Representatives and designers.
- Must have current driver's license valid the past 12 consecutive months and an acceptable motor vehicle record ( no DUI's in the past 36 months ).
- Background checks are a required part of our hiring process.