Boost your RF Career. Were now hiring an RF LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) Design Engineer for our Automotive R&D team based in the Detroit / Ann Arbor area. You will be responsible for new technology and solution development for automotive antenna, and associated Low Noise Amplifiers (LNA's), Antenna Elements, and related automotive RF products for infotainment, and satellite radio applications.
Though this is within our Automotive sector, we May consider LNA expertise outside of the automotive industry, such as from a Chip Manufacturer.
Your background with small LNA’s and antennas related to consumer electronics, cellular, medical devices, or of course automotive, coupled with LNA design, and the understanding of the EMI / EMC issues associated with small packaged applications and in a highly electronically complex environment is key.
- This is NOT an entry level job
- Full authorization to work for any employer in America is required
To be considered, you should have the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Design and developing Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) designs and integrate them with antennas/modules for our automotive applications. We will consider you if working for a Chip Manufacturer
- To explore cutting-edge technologies and track and monitor industry design trends
- To develop innovative solutions with challenging technical and product requirements
- To cooperate with other internal functions to ensure your design can be implemented in leading /cutting edge products successfully
- To draft technical specifications, design guidelines and related documents for new solutions.
- To meet with customers and provide technical support for customer design activities
- Some travel will be required, including occasional international travel to Europe and Asia. Approximately 10% of total work time may be dedicated to business travel.
We have a state of the art facility, where you will have creative freedom, be recognized for your accomplishments, and rewarded by your efforts.
Southern Michigan has an inexpensive cost of living, yet has many culteral and recreational activies to offer.
Our benefits and compensation package is stelar !
MUST POSSESS REQUIREMENTS:
A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is required. An advanced degree in electromagnetics highly preferred. Candidates with degrees in other engineering disciplines will be considered, if coupled with significant experience in automotive RF or LNA designs.
A minimum of 10 years of industry experience within the automotive RF industry, with at least 5 of those years in LNA designs
- This position requires significant experience with LNA circuit design, board layouts, prototype construction, lab and field testing, troubleshooting, etc. specific to the automotive industry
- Experience with bi-directional amplifiers, power circuits, and RF matching/tuning for active antennas in an automotive application
- Must have good understanding of electromagnetic theory, microwave and some antenna designs
- Must be able to create LNA schematics and board layouts using appropriate software tools
- Significant knowledge of AM/FM, SDARS, GNSS, RKE, GSM/UMTS/LTE, 802.11, Bluetooth, and DSRC, including the corresponding system level specifications
- Proficiency, hands-on skills with RF simulation tools
- Must be able to build, test, and tune small RF circuits in a laboratory environment
- Experience with on-vehicle antenna measurement and field reception testing is a plus
- Experience of tackling key technical problems or innovative designs independently
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Curiosity and sensitivity for science, technology and engineering are essential
- This position will require a variety of skills and cover many varied tasks; therefore flexibility, an ability to work independently, and move “outside the comfort zone” will be essential to success
- Good team spirit and communication skills, coupled with fluency in both written and verbal English
We have been a premier provider / manufacturer of antennas, amongst other RF products, and other components found in mobile phones and other mobile devices; as well as antennas for automotive and other markets. Our capability for high-volume production of these technically demanding, miniaturized products, combined with our speed of new product introduction, is a critical factor for our success in these markets.
We have consistently strived to create leading-edge, innovative products for a diverse range of customers across a multitude of industries and end markets. Through our close collaboration with these customers, we have become the interconnect partner of choice in enabling the electronics revolution. Our organization is spread across more than 30 countries with more than 50,000 employees in greater than 100 facilities.
Come to work in a state of the art facility, where you will have creative freedom, be recognized for your accomplishments, and rewarded by your efforts.
*** If you have the Antenna and LNA design background, please apply and join our team ***