Clear Lake, IA
Our manufacturing client has an immediate opening for a Safety Specialist in the Clear Lake, IA area. This Coordinator will need to have a hands-on approach to be responsible for supporting compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Assist facility management with the implementation, maintenance, and updates of all EHS programs, policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain all federal, state and local EHS reports including OSHA 300, Accident Reports, etc.
- Plan, develop, implement and conduct safety training for new employee orientation and annual required programs.
- Assist with worker’s compensation claims and return to work programs.
- Assist in the area of incident investigations along with projects, recordkeeping, and other administrative tasks.
- Purchase all safety supplies, PPE or training items as needed or required.
- Serve as primary contact for inspections, audits and other contacts.
- Develop and implement emergency response plans.
- Associate’s Degree related to: HR, EHS or Administration
- Safety experience required
- Able to lead, coordinate and communicate effectively with others.
- Accomplish tasks with only general supervision and guidance.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
EHS, Safety, HR, employees, communication, coordination, programs, policies, procedures, environmental, health, safety work performances