Our client is a world leader in laboratory equipment and services and has an opportunity for an Associate Technical Sales Representative. This position is based in the Houston regional office.
The Associate Technical Sales Representative is a member of the sales organization and will have a hunger to learn and contribute to the growth of the team. The successful candidate will start out as an inside sales/sales support role and the candidate must have a desire to move into an outside technical sales role in the future. Daily primary duties include lead generation, sales support, and management of our CRM database.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Lead generation and phone and email-based sales campaigns.
- Assists field sales team in closing sales, trade shows, research competitive products, and promote sales.
- Identifies solutions and forwards leads to field sales.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with PhD scientists and QC technicians.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a commitment to cultivating new business
- B.S. degree in chemistry, engineering, physics, or similar field,
- Has sales or inside sales experience and strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of the chemical, materials and/or pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Up to 30% overnight travel may be required.