Our client is a global health and wellness company leading the way in food innovation. they are focused on to discovering and developing nutritional solutions that will change the course of human health.
If you are the successful candidate for this position you will be highly motivated to work in a science driven and collaborative environment dedicated to the development of analytical methods for the testing and characterization of natural plant-based compounds and derivatives thereof.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING HERE
You will be responsible for the development and validation of analytical methods for the testing and characterization of plant-based compounds that can assist in enhancing human health. The individual should be able to use state-of-the-art instrumentation to facilitate the advancement of botanical ingredient development, characterization and commercialization.
• Provide technical support to sales personnel or customers on new and existing
products. Assist customers with applications support, including identifying needs,
formulation assistance, benchwork to support recommendations, reporting results
and travel with salesmen to visit customers with active projects.
• In coordination with the product development group, develop new applications for
customers and new potential market opportunities
• Provide input, and help to develop product data sheets, sell sheets, product
literature used to support our existing and new product applications. Work in
tandem with marketing, to develop the applications and functional benefits for
selling new products. Craft presentations highlighting technology and present them at trade shows
You should be able to work with minimal supervision and, where required, perform lab activities in accordance with cGLP/cGMP regulations, established business processes and protocols, and applicable standard operating procedures.
In summary you will be required to:
• Develop, optimize and validate analytical methods.
• Develop, optimize new and existing product applications:
• Manage and work on multiple projects of the more technically challenging variety as well as the day to day type simultaneously
• Work cross functionally with Product Marketing and Technology to develop new products and make product improvements
• Work with Quality and Manufacturing to address quality concerns or processing issues
• Qualify/transfer analytical methodology to quality control and contract laboratories.
• Support plant compound identification and quantification process development including characterization of starting materials, intermediates and final ingredients and actives.
• Support finished product formulations and process development including characterization of the process and finished product.
• Generate laboratory clinical release and stability data.
• Write/review/approve protocols and reports
• Write and/or review dossiers, citations, data reports etc. as required
• Review and approve analytical data from development partners
• Plan and execute technology transfers
• Work with cross-functional groups internally / externally to drive project goals to timely completion
• position will have ~25% travel after CV-19 settles down. Currently, that type of work is virtual.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
MS in Analytical Chemistry or related discipline with 7 -8 year’s experience in analytical development in plant chemistry within the Food and beverage industry;
or Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or related discipline with 4 -5 year’s experience in analytical.
• Extensive experience with the implementation of advanced analytical methods and physical characterization techniques such as HPLC, GC, MS, and Spectroscopy.
• Experience in sample preparations techniques (extraction, filtration, etc.) required for botanical based compound isolation and identification.
• Excellent analytical skills and hands-on experience with the aforementioned techniques.
• Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills as a team player and be willing to work in an environment where individual initiative, accountability, and professional integrity are required.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in cross-functional, multi-discipline team environment with minimal supervision.