We are looking for a Quality Engineer who has significant expertise in precise measuring, using Keyence &/or Mitutoyo visual systems and CMM systems. A background in close-tolerance products such as machined, molded, aerospace, medical, or similar close-tolerance, vision-and-machine-inspected and fixtured parts required.
- New part approvals. APQP, PPAP, etc.
- The Quality Engineer ensures quality documents are created and maintained.
- 1st part layouts, and create measuring and testing specifications.
- The Quality Engineer will ensure controls are in place such that all manufactured products conform to all company and industry quality and regulatory agency standards.
- The Quality Engineer will ensure labs and plants have appropriate equipment/technology to perform needed measurements/tests.
- The Quality Engineer or will ensure performance of requested testing from customers and /or standard organizations.
- The Quality Engineer will ensure documentation and maintenance of Corrective/Preventative Action Plans, Customer Complaints, and Vendor Complaints.
- Responsible for follow up to ensure timely resolution of complaints.
Qualifications for Quality Engineer
- College Degree in Engineering or related field referred, but may consider experience in lieu of degree.
- 3 years experience with visual and CMM measuring systems.
- Experience in quality engineering or inspection.
- Experience with fixtures used in visual inspections and CMM inspections.
- APQP, PPAP, 1st piece approval experience.