We are looking for an IT Business Analyst who will have expertise in both Information Technology and Business Administration. The IT Business Analyst is responsible for enhancing the quality of IT products and services, analyzing data to inform business decisions and finding technological solutions to business needs, among other duties.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Liaising between the IT department and various business units.
- Develops an extensive understanding of the business unit's function and effectively communicates technical solutions in non-technical terms to the business unit.
- Understanding strategic business needs and plans for growth.
- Enhancing the quality of IT products and services.
- Sourcing and implementing technological solutions to business requirements
- Producing analysis reports on potential technology solutions and their implementation.
- Works with business subject matter experts to analyze, validate, and utilize data for consumption by business stakeholders.
- Works with various business units and IT to understand and promote the use of new technology solutions and methods to improve business processes, efficiency, effectiveness and value delivered to customers.
- Responsible for leading/facilitating business requirements gathering and determining technical impacts.
- Leads the development of system related documentation that includes flow charts, workflow tables, mapping documents, integration specifications and provides system training.
- Provides oversight for the development of user acceptance criteria, test plans and test cases. Oversees functional/user testing (User Acceptance Testing) and accountable for user sign off
- Oversees the monitoring of system implementation ensuring user satisfaction
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- Regular attendance is required
- Perform other duties assigned as may be required in meeting company objectives
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Analytical mindset and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail with proven ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, technical and subject matter experts
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient in requirements gathering methodologies and the SDLC
- Experience with business requirements and business process analysis to ensure IT solutions meet the business needs
- Proficient with creating and managing projects and time-frames with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously balancing multiple stakeholders and competing deadlines.
- Ability to work well within a team and be a self-starter.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
- 5+ years in an IT management position.
- 7+ years in a technology-driven role.
- Project management skills preferably in a technical role