For this role we need someone who has worked in lab safety, as well as manufacturing safety.
In this newly created position you will coordinate efforts between global departments involved in research, development, production and applications of microbial products. You will drive global initiatives and ensure communication to relevant parties. You will be part of the Environmental Health and Safety team and as such will support all EHS and be the site subject matter expert for bio-safety related issues. As part of this job you will be responsible for assessing compliance with national regulations and company policies.
- Basic knowledge of all Quality, Health, Safety & Environment functions
- Strong knowledge of biological, microbiological, chemical, and occupational hazards in laboratory and production environments with ability to identify problems related to air quality and other environmental factors
- Familiarity with applicable workplace laws and regulations
- Self-Starter and Self motivator
- Attention to detail directed at noticing, measuring, and monitoring changes that can impact worker’s health and wellness
- Critical thinking, with ability to connect and establish cause & effect for factors that may create risks
- Knowledge of the LEAN Problem-Solving Model
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to communicate, advise, negotiate and/or influence others as well as build productive working relationships in both operational and research settings
- Be detail oriented with working knowledge of statistics as well as strong planning skills to organize, prioritize, schedule and coordinate work activities
- This job splits time between facilities in the Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina region.
Qualifications to be considered
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Engineering, or a related scientific field
- 6+ years of related experience is preferable in occupational, health and safety (OHS), Toxicology, and/or Public Health related fields
- Strong knowledge in Biology and/or Microbiology
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, up to 35-40% post Covid-19