Job Title: Progammer Analyst - Full Time
Location: Alexandria Bay, New York
POSITION TITLE: Programmer Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Chief Information Officer
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Exempt
The programmer analyst’s role is to provide application and analytical coding and support for the achievement of business requirements. This includes coding, testing and analyzing software programs and applications. The programmer analyst will provide statistical and analytical support.
Duties and responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with staff supporting applications
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures
- Assist in the definition, development and documentation of software’s business requirement, objectives, deliverables and specifications on a project by project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scooping, scheduling and implementation.
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues
- Recommend, schedule and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs
- Install software products for end users as required
- Understanding of coding methods and best practices with an emphasis on SQL
- Prior experience interviewing end users for insight on functionality, interface, problems and/ or usability issues
- Hands on experience developing test cases and test plans
- Knowledge of healthcare data privacy practices and regulations
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into software related issues and products
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressured environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of computer science, information systems or software engineering with two years related experience – or- Associates Degree in above fields with 4-6 years related experience