Job Summary of the Principal Firmware Engineer:
Principal Firmware Engineer with embedded software and Linux application development experience is required to play a key role for architecting, designing, implementing, testing, mentoring the firmware team members and supporting firmware controlling embedded processors in both wired and wireless networks for one of our client in Thorofare. This client is a global leader which provides the security solutions to the retail environment. If you have 8+ years of experience with embedded real time C/C++, Linux application development and embedded RTOS along with the knowledge of In-Circuit Emulators and Logic Analyzers, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Principal Firmware Engineer:
- Specify, design, implement, release, and support embedded software products for R&D software development department.
- Participate in embedded design projects from concept to production.
- Develop utilities, using C/C++, scripting in support of the embedded system development process using Linux.
- Supervise junior level developers or contract personnel in a senior level design/development role.
- Lead small interdisciplinary teams in completion of embedded software engineering project.
- Write and execute Engineering / System test plan-cases.
Qualifications for the Principal Firmware Engineer:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
- Atleast 8 years of experience As a Sr. Or Principal embedded software engineer
- Must have experience in Linux : Application , Driver development and kernel knowledge.
- Atleast 8 years of experience with C/C++ and embedded real time C.
- MUST HAVE 4+ years of experience with Linux application development, device driver, and entire Linux environment knowledge.
- MUST HAVE experience with Linux and embedded RTOS, including experience with 32-bit microprocessor architecture.
- Knowledge and experience with In-Circuit Emulators and Logic Analyzers.
- MUST HAVE Team and embedded projects management expereince
- MUST HAVE experience with Wireless and Wired technology viz. Ethernet (TCP/IP), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular.
- Experience with product specifications, systems analysis, microprocessor-based systems, and firmware design.
- Experience developing boot code power on self-test Experience developing broad support packages
- Experience with Perl, Java, VB programming
Compensation of the Principal Firmware Engineer:
Salary Range: $120,000-$130,000-/year, depending on experience
Location: Thorofare, NJ
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: No. Only US Citizen and Green Card holders can apply.
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Firmware, software, development, design, architecture, Linux, "communications protocols", circuit, signal, RF, RFID, wireless, wired, network, embedded, system, code, test, release, R&D, C, C++, electrical, RTOS, microprocessor, Ethernet, TCP, IP, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular, "boot code", Emulator, Logic Analyzer, "product specifications", "systems analysis", Perl, Java, "VB programming"