In this exciting role you will be the Pilot Plant Leader that provides on-site support at the Nebraska pilot plant operations. This position will be the main point of contact at the facility and be responsible for coordinating and executing projects and trials. You will provide expertise in the design of equipment, process optimization and creating trial plans. Seeking candidates that have an entrepreneurial mindset, a passion for innovation and the desire to bring ideas and concepts to life.
- Manages day to day pilot facility operations and local resources
- Works alongside the R&D and engineering teams to develop project scopes of work that will be carried out at the pilot facility and client locations
- Maintains the scheduled commitments through communication with R&D and engineering teams, equipment suppliers and the pilot facility host
- Maintains relationship with the pilot facility host and contractors for the company
- Supports R&D and engineering teams with equipment and process design and development
- Records and maintains R&D related data
- Professional communication & monthly reporting of achievements
- Creates and reviews energy and mass balances, equipment drawings, general arrangements, and can perform accurate quality control checks
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently communicate across the R&D, engineering, sales and leadership teams and the customers
- Highly proficient in project management and project execution
- Ability to hold him/herself fully accountable for performance measurements and adjust work flow as needed
- Instills a high quality work environment at all times as well as demonstrates a strong QA/QC process for all R&D and engineering activities.
- B.S. in Engineering or closely related.
- 10+ years overall experience
- Pilot plant experience (min of 1-2 years).
- Experience with mechanical separation processes like those used in the agricultural industry. Wet and dry mill preferred.
- Strong communication skills - oral and written
- Leadership skills / training / experience
- Experience running pilot plant trials, scheduling trials, leading initiatives.
- Self motivated