Brief Job Overview:
The Weld Manager supports all aspects of the Welding department at a new facility on a manufacturing campus of 4 plants. This is a new position due to the increased demand of a highly successful Construction Equipment brand. You’ll have the opportunity to learn how they currently manufacture the CE brand, and lead the weld team (25) in setting up the Weld Department in the new facility. Position reports to the Plant Manager.
Specific Job Duties:
- Provide a safe working environment through training, regular communication, auditing for safe practices, and completion of inspection findings.
- Learn production system principles and processes and teach/coach to the weld team (24 welders, 1 Weld Engineer) + implement and sustain in the new plant.
- Manage weld department employees, including reviews and addressing concerns to provide a good work environment.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to develop or revise standard work to achieve the expected level of quality.
- Create the weld schedule and adjusts staffing and work hours to meet schedules.
- Participate in capacity planning and efficient use of equipment and people.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational quality, performance and optimum utilization.
- Manage department KPI’s of Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Previous work experience as a Weld Manager or Weld Supervisor.
- Strong management and leadership skills to build a new team of employees at our new plant.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of production welding and robotic welding.
- Ability to demonstrate skill in GMAW (MIG) welding and ability to weld prototype parts.
- Ability to read and interpret weld production prints.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing concepts