Human Resources Manager
similar job titles: HR Manager, Employee Relations Manager, Hiring Manager, Recruitment Manager, Talent Acquisition Manager, Community Relations Manager
Location: Northwest Ohio area
Job Description: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for effective coordination of human resources in a high-volume high-speed non-union manufacturing environment. Duties will include administering HR policies, programs, and special projects; such as opinion surveys and focus groups. The HR Manager will coordinate employee relation activities, payroll, benefits, labor coordination/fluctuation, and oversee safety. A successful manager has strong regulatory knowledge, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is strategic in their approach, with a willingness to be hands-on with teams when needed.
This position has three direct reports; the Employee Relations Manager, Safety Manager, and Labor Scheduling Manager, along with a 20+ person HR department.
- Undergraduate degree in a related Business field. Masters in HR a plus.
- 5+ years experience as an HR Manager in a high-performance ISO or world class manufacturing environment.
- Union avoidance experience
- Change Management
- Strong HR Generalist background
- PHR or SPHR certification strongly preferred.
- Bilingualism in Spanish
- Experience working in a facility with 500+ or more employees.
- Leadership style should be hands-on, self-starter.
This job offers the following
- Outstanding opportunities with a world-class organization.
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive healthcare
- 401k + 10% bonus
- Opportunity for career advancement in a large and growing organization.
Are You A Good Fit?
Essential Skills for Success:
- Innovator and leader in change.
- Promote and utilize other’s talents.
- Actions are plan-based and result from strategy as opposed to reactionary.
- Goals achieved by teamwork instead of own personal efforts.
- Leadership style yields influence and trust. You’re not just “the boss”.
- Achieves results.
Consider This Before Applying:
- Does this job describe work you would enjoy doing?
- Do you meet most of the minimum requirements?
- Have you considered everything if you would need to relocate?