***MUST HAVE PRIOR MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE WITHIN HIGH-VOLUME MANUFACTURING FACILITY***
Maintain and promote a safe and healthful work environment for all associates. Ensure compliance to legal and established system requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive, maintain and promote a safety conscious culture throughout facilities.
- Manage accident / incident cases as well as corrective / preventive action and reporting.
- Manage and maintain Accident Rate Statistics and report results to the management team.
- Maintain ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 compliance and implement improvements within the facilities.
- Identify and anticipate environmental, health, safety concerns / hazards and implement solutions using EHS MS required tools.
- Conduct internal safety/ environmental audits and inspections to monitor EHS MS system effectiveness.
- Maintain EHS information systems on the intranet and network.
- Complete and submit reports to both Corporate and legal entities as required as well as conduct required legal reviews.
- Lead the plant EHS committee.
- Review and dispose of all materials / chemicals submitted for use within the facility according to internal procedures and legal requirements.
- Conduct EHS related training of associates and management to ensure compliance with legal, system and customer requirements.
- Maintain appropriate records as required by legal and company directives.
- Maintain communications with company insurance providers to manage cost of programs.
- Maintain communications with medical providers as necessary to assist with cost containment under workers compensation program, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Coordinate medical treatment of workers compensation injuries through approved providers.
- Prepare annual EHS Department budget preparation.
- Provide guidance to Management regarding EHS related issues, while acting as the subject matter expert in such areas.
- Conduct Internal EHS/ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 audits at other sites.
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Health, Safety, Environmental or Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years working experience in an EHS related field(s).
- Knowledge of and experience with ISO 14001 and OSHA's 18001 systems.
- In-depth knowledge of Environmental, Health, and Safety functional areas; demonstrated competencies in EHS policies development.
- Knowledge and skills in designing, implementing, and evaluating effective EHS programs, policies, and services to support the organization's objectives.
- Demonstrated skills in providing creative leadership; analytical and conceptual skills/abilities to identify, analyze and resolve problems creatively and strategically.
- Demonstrated EHS operational excellence, including leading/participating in major change initiatives, and in-depth knowledge of federal, state employment laws, Lean and Quality standards and OSHA compliance.
- Solid foundational knowledge of EHS practices within a larger organization and prior experience in manufacturing.
- Solid experience, knowledge and ability to work with external auditors, and consultants on all EHS aspects and US regulations.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and demonstrated abilities in leadership, communication and planning.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop leadership.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to be a leader in change management, demonstrate personal credibility and trustworthiness, and strong aptitude to proactively identify problems and propose effective solutions.
- Effective team player and partner, and demonstration of an immediate sense of urgency, as well as flexibility.