Work as a Controls & Project Engineer for a start up in Atlanta, GA who develops AI-powered robotic solutions. Their systems pick, place, load, sort, and transport items of various shapes and sizes for logistics and e-commerce using cutting-edge deep learning, motion planning, grasp planning, navigation, and SLAM technologies. They employ engineers and business professionals from over 10 different countries, and are united by their boundless drive to create, learn, share, and grow. They are a tight-knit, forward-thinking team of visionaries that live and breathe robotics.
The Controls & Project Engineer will need to be someone with a strong background in industrial automation at a technical level and who is capable meeting with clients, managing projects, and assisting on technical tasks as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively work with prospects and clients to understand their current and future business needs.
- Develop all aspects of the control system for our robotic system, including PLC and HMI programming, PC communication, Network configuration and sensor selection.
- Provide support to installation, modifications of the control system.
- Develop and review the electrical drawings. Supervise the outside panel shop to fabricate electrical panels per the drawing.
- Assist in planning, contract execution/negotiation, vendor management; monitor progress toward goals making necessary adjustments to reach objectives & measure operational KPIs.
- Develops, evaluates, and enhances manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Effectively communicate project status, drive and elevate decision making and help requests.
- Lead critical path schedule items and escalate to leadership on potential risks and delays.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering or related fields.
- Have a broad electrical and control background, including hands-on experience with PLC (ControlLogix/CompactLogix or Siemens S7) and HMI programming, motion controls and associated software.
- Hands-on experience with electrical panel design and troubleshooting.
- Strong sense of ownership to the projects and be highly self-motivated.
- Experience working with industrial safety systems or robotic safety systems.
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocol, e.g. CIP, CAN, EtherCAT, etc.
- US Citizen
- Familiar with PC–based controller/interface from windows to real time multi-tasking operating system/embedded and PLC, HMI, PID servo control, linear motor, robotics, motor controller, data acquisition, vision system, low/high voltage system wiring to board level design.
- Experience in designing industrial control systems/electrical panels using AutoCAD or EPLAN.
- Good understanding of the warehousing, supply chain, logistics, ecommerce, or fulfillment industries.
- Experience with robotic solutions in industrial environments.
- Familiar with CE and UL certifications and IEC60204.