Locations: Austin TX, Philadelphia PA, Raleigh NC, Madison WI, Albany NY
The Sr. Protection & Controls Engineer will have a strong background in state-of-the-art protective relaying systems for Transmission and Distribution Systems. You will be responsible for Protection and Control studies, protective relay settings and calculations, and relay coordination, as well as for the delivery of substation automation systems for our high voltage substation projects. The position will include coordinating with project managers, directing design engineers and CADD/designer staff, and performing design quality reviews. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for interfacing directly with clients as well as acting as a resource and mentor to other engineering staff.
- Develop P&C application document to define P&C design scopes, philosophies, methodologies and criteria for high voltage substation projects
- Perform P&C system studies/calculations/coordination and generate relay settings to be integrated and configured into IEDs; attend field commissioning
- Develop control building layout, P&C one line diagram, AC/DC schematics, control panel layout and wiring diagram, station service AC/DC distribution diagram, bill of material, cable schedule, etc.
- Carry out/review/analyze complex technical studies and project scopes; develop and review technical specifications, drawings and standards of equipment/ projects.
- Masters Degree or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum 3 - 5 years of proven experience directly involved in P&C schematic design, relay settings, calculations, and automation system design for HV substation projects for electric utility industry
- PE License (or EIT) preferred
- Advanced knowledge of P&C engineering schemes including feeder, breaker, bus, capacitor bank, transformer, and transmission line protection.
- Ability to model primary systems and secondary systems in power system simulation software platforms such as CAPE or ASPEN software.
- Familiarity NERC and NPCC protection and control standards.
- Support the development of control building layout, P&C one-line diagram, AC/DC schematics, control panel layout and wiring diagram, station service AC/DC distribution diagram, bill of material, cable schedule, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; good presence with customers/clients in conveying technical knowledge; solid team skills in your relationships with team members and external business relationships
Salary: DOE. Comprehensive benefits. Must be authorized to work in US. FULL-TIME POSITION!