Benefits are platinum and include competitive medical, dental, vision insurance along with a generous 401K plan with match. Unlimited PTO
This is pivotal Controller position in a first class organization that is growing quickly. They are seeking career oriented candidates for this top flight role with significant promotion potential.
Our client is currently looking to hire a Controller/Accounting Manager with Government contracting experience. A highly skilled professional who has previous experience in a similar role is strongly desired. A minimum of 5 years' experience of corporate controllership for a federal Government contractor is a preferred. Experience required in Government Contracts and cost accounting in the following types of contracts: Cost Reimbursement, IDIQ, Competitive, CPFF, CPAF, Firm-Fixed Price. The Controller will report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) in support of the Accounting and Finance areas of the Company. The successful candidate will deliver timely and accurate financial reporting, budgeting, financing transaction processes, financial modeling, and special projects to improve operations.
The duties include coordination with the COO to manage accounting department processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all relevant accounting and related functions including A/R, A/P, account reconciliations, internal audit, collections, payroll, payroll taxes, sales taxes, budgeting, accruals, and internal reporting.
- Responsible for cash management, including bank entries and reconciliations, customer collections, and monthly cash forecasting.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget and financial projections
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Maintain Accounting systems as Controller/Accounting Manager for Government contracts
- Support proposal activity and help to create pricing responses to RFP and RFQ’s
- Coordinate outside audits with outside independent auditors and regulatory agencies (DCAA), oversee preparation of required items
- Must have good knowledge of general accounting theories, principles and practices with a solid knowledge of Government accounting
The ideal candidate would have prior experience working with business finances, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Teamwork is essential to the success of each individual and the firm as a whole. The ideal candidate will have:
- A college degree (Accounting focus preferred)
- 3-7 years progressive experience in accounting/finance
- Government contract accounting experience, Cost accounting standards and FAR/DFARs knowledge
- FFP, T&M and Cost plus Contracts experience
- Experience with hands on preparation and review of incurred cost submissions and forward pricing rates
- CPA certification, with a mix of public accounting and industry experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills with experience in QuickBooks accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong Excel and analytical skills, including financial modeling and analysis.
- Willingness to learn government contract accounting skills
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to work with numerous different business units in a large organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Attention to detail and ability to look at the big picture
- Ability to work well with senior executives and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members