Embedded Software Engineer
Job Summary of the Embedded Software Engineer:
Embedded Software Engineer with experience in design and development of next-generation FPGA and RF products is required for one of our clients in Austin, TX. This client is well known for their leading-edge ruggedized ADC, DAC, and digital signal processing products. This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. In this role you will focus on Linux and Embedded Linux development for our portfolio of products with System-On-Chip (SoC, MPSoC, and RFSoC). If you have very good experience with software development using C, C++ and Python along with the knowledge of DSP and RF signal data capture, this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Embedded Software Engineer:
- Development, integration, and test of HPC systems for real-time RF signal processing applications.
- Development of software to support the integration of RF-DSP hardware such as A-D converters and FPGAs for real-time data capture and processing.
- Performance characterization and interoperability testing of integrated systems solutions.
- Working with the wider software team to create application orientated demos for trades shows and customer engagements.
- Evaluation of emerging HPC and RFDSP hardware & software technologies.
- Participation in software lifecycle activities including design and code reviews.
- Work closely with other engineering teams, partners, and vendors to ensure interoperability and reuse.
- Close interaction with field application engineering team to facilitate pre and post-sales support for HPC systems.
Qualifications for the Embedded Software Engineer:
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years’ experience of software experience developing and deploying software in embedded or high-performance computing environments.
- Experience in C / C++.
- Linux OS knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Real-time system integration experience.
- Working with RF devices is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of LabVIEW and TestStand is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of hardware (reading schematics and data sheets).
- Ability to learn new development practices, languages, and tools.
- Experience in customer interaction.
Compensation of the Embedded Software Engineer:
Salary Range: Up to 85K-127K/year, depending on experience
Location: Austin, TX
Travel: Low travel
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: No. US Citizens or Green Card Only
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful – Design, develop, FPGA , RF, DSP, ADC, DAC, Linux , SoC, MPSoC, RFSoC, HPC , hardware, software, C, C++