Our client is a smaller company that offers innovative software solutions in one of the hottest areas of technology and is making significant progress in their market. Their organization is growing and we are seeking a qualified product manager candidate for this role to leverage their experience building back-end applications. This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to join this fast growing company. This is a unique opportunity to join a small team and have a large impact across different sides of the business as it advances quickly to meet customer demand and as an integral member on the team will have a massive impact on product success.
Position title: Product Manager
Location: Anywhere in the U.S.(Preferred Houston, Texas area)
We are seeking a Product Manager candidate with an entrepreneurial mindset, who can drive product strategy, influence and inspire executives, and work with internal teams including project managers, customers, and sales in delivering a complete product. The Product Manager will build the product roadmap, and vision for our client’s SaaS based software platform and will be responsible for the life cycle of a product from beginning to end and grow the portfolio of products but conducting market research, competitive analysis, and communicating with customers. We need a candidate with a demonstrated track record of success in product management, experience in leading agile development teams while possessing a passion for creating value for customers.
- Collaborate with key customers, industry stakeholders, and executives to define the vision, build and execute the product strategy, and create the future of product offerings
- Research and monitor existing customers, industry trends and developments to identify potential new product opportunities
- Prioritize potential initiatives by demonstrating their alignment with our business strategy and the value to our current or future users
- Design innovative product solutions to customer goals, with a focus on ease-of-use, simplicity, and capability
- Develop user stories, manage the product backlog and prioritize them based on changing requirements
- Ensure all aspects are completed in the product lifecycle: feasibility, design, development, testing, technical support, and all product launches.
- Possess ability to stick to timelines and measure progress during development.
- Serve as an ardent evangelist of the product to internal and external stakeholders
- 5+ years of applicable experience in product management
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology is required. Scrum Master, 1 year (Preferred)
- Proficiency in process engineering methodologies and change management practices
- Extensive experience managing and growing enterprise products
- Great interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) that shine when you're talking with a customer or engaging with cross-functional teams
- Desire for creating value for the customer through innovation and simplicity
- Strong organizational skills and can multitask across teams, projects, and priorities
- Passion about the role and a get-things-done attitude to make your product and team successful
- Bachelor's Degree is required in Information Systems or Computer Engineering or related field strongly preferred