Bilingual Senior HR Generalist – Arcadia, WI
The Senior Human Resources (HR) Generalist is responsible for the human resources needs of supported business unit(s) and implementation of best practices to support achievement of corporate business objectives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to employee and labor relations, recruitment and staffing, onboarding of new employees, training, performance management, policy implementation, coaching and mentoring, and assisting other support functions in the area of employee benefits, safety and payroll. The Senior HR Generalist performs HR-related duties on a professional level, in collaboration with senior HR management, to support designated business unit(s).
The Senior HR Generalist must be able to build relationships and establish credibility with employees from the wide range of departments comprising the corporate office. This position must be able to recognize and effectively adapt to changes in practices, protocols, and preferences from department to department.
• Conduct thorough investigations regarding employee relations matters, safety and performance issues, harassment, and other behavior that may be a violation of Company policy. Review results with supervisor and HR Manager and make recommendations on course of action. Approve relevant post-accident drug tests. Assist the supervisor and/or HR Management with the corrective action and/or termination process, following all relevant SOP’s. Work with management to coach and discipline employees and resolve employee, team or business issues.
• Assist in the recruitment efforts of non-exempt personnel, temporary employees and internal transfers. Follow internal
candidate and external candidate interview, selection and hiring process. Complete and submit appropriate paperwork, ensuring a smooth onboarding process for the candidate. Participate in job fairs and other recruiting activities and initiatives.
• Conduct employee feedback meetings and participate in management updates. Assist with making changes that improve the working environment and overall employee relations. Maintain employee feedback documents.
• Coach supervisors and area management regarding employee relations matters. Assist with communicating changes to employees that affect the business, and support supervisors with counseling and difficult discussions as necessary.
• Assist in the development, administration and ongoing monitoring of Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs). Work with supervisors to ensure clear objectives, consistent approach and regular follow up. Ensure planning, monitoring and appraisal of employee work results.
• Compile and maintain reports from the database. Assist in the evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
• Facilitate Company training as directed by HR Manager and/or the business. Training may include but is not limited to: New Employee Orientation, Union Avoidance, Servant Leadership, Harassment Training and other Company-required training. Ensure employees required to attend training sessions are present. Conduct additional training with new hires after start date to ensure understanding of company policies and basic safety requirements.
• Conduct exit interviews and outplacement counseling, complete unemployment discharge questionnaires, and attend hearings as required. File investigation documentation.
• Engage with employees and answer questions regarding benefits, employee relations matters, transfer requests, wages, and working conditions. Follow up on employee questions. Report any concerns to supervision and HR Management; assist with maintaining a positive working environment.
• Participate in Company-sponsored events and activities such as the Company picnic, award ceremonies, meetings, annual gift handouts, and benefits open enrollment. Assist with the set up and clean-up of those activities.
• Complete appropriate administrative documents in the change of an employee relationship, check for accuracy, and maintain appropriate staffing documents.
• Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in performance of all job functions.
Our client is a growing and profitable Manufacturer and Distributor with locations throughout the US. While this role is in Arcadia, WI there is growth opportunities fo the right candidate moving forward.
- Minimum 3 years of HR Generalist Experience
- Must have HR experience in a Manufacturing or Distribution environment
- Strong Employee Relations and Investigation experience
- Fluent in Spanish
- Bachelor’s Degree