Our client is looking for a Manager with experience managing teams of software engineers in development projects with large scale data. Join a growing technology-driven organization in the suburbs of Boston.
Position Title: Software Engineering Manager - Data Directory
Location: Newton area, close to Mass. Pike
• Established local technology-driven company with impressive record of growth
• Comprehensive benefits including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, etc.
• Flexible schedules. Bring your dog.
• Manage Agile teams of software engineers focused on search platform.
• Manage teams in core components development - messaging, database, file storage, etc.
• Hire, coach, mentor and provide career development for people in software development.
• Build, lead and serve an effective team of software engineers.
• Facilitate effective relationships across organizations.
• Employ your passion for developing members of your teams.
• Manage, guide and participate in engineering deliveries and process.
• BS in Computer Science, or related, and 6-8+ years applicable experience in software development.
• 3-4+ years experience managing people in a cloud-based software engineering organization.
• Experience managing Agile teams in large scale data environments.
• Experience managing development tasks, mentoring others in software product development.
• Experience producing scalable, secure, safe code for cloud software products.
• Experience with Unix/Linux, SQL, relational database, RESTful API, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
• Experience with engineering best practices.
• Stable record of direct employment.
• MBA, MS degree in a related subject.
• Experience employing CI/CD concepts.
• Experience migration and integration of very large scale data is helpful.
• Perl, C#.Net, C++, LAMP, PHP, React Node AWS, ReactJS, Java AWS.
• Healthcare applications, billing, claims, patient accounts, clinical workflow, etc.
• Ruby on Rails, Django, angular, backbone, similar.
• ES5 Node.js Web UI - React Web framework, CSS, HTML5.
• This is a full time direct hire position.
• Local candidates strongly preferred (considers those with strong ties to Boston area).
• Sponsorship can be considered for candidates who are a superior fit.
• No third parties please.