Our client is a manufacturing plant in Danville, IL whose business is booming. To keep up with customer orders, they are hiring three Electronic Technicians to work 6 PM - 6 AM on a 2-2-3 rotation. In this role you will be responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing plant equipment with regards to electronic components and programming to help minimize downtime and improve machine efficiency. CNC experience is required!
Relocation assistance is available. The plant is an easy commute from lovely Champaign, IL, or from Veedersburg, IN. Just a two and half hour drive to Chicago and all it has to offer. Small town/rural life is calling!
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics curriculum
- At least 5 years of experience troubleshooting electronic controls in a manufacturing setting
- Strong knowledge of PLCs (Allen Bradley), robotics, electrical (480V ), and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of electronics
- Understanding of schematics and program reading
- Knowledgeable in a variety of machine software
- Basic algebraic mathematical ability
- Understanding of standard to metric conversions
- Excellent oral and written language ability
- Ability to follow step-by-step procedures
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Troubleshooting and repairing plant equipment
- PLC programming
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair plant equipment involving checking voltages, changing out bad components, switching out gauges, as well as making camera and software adjustments
- Program PLCs and diagnose machine faults/failures related to CNC, Servo, AC Motion Controls, related electronic components
- Research and recommend machine control upgrades to address outdated controls
- Document changes to electrical drawings and generates upgraded drawings
- Prepare daily log reports and document/track the off shift activity to ensure proper follow up on machine problems and repairs
Why work here?
- Work for a global manufacturer who is a leader in their industry.
- No travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, insurance… employee premiums apply.
- 401k with company match up to 4.5% with 6% employee contribution (optional)
- Working 2-2-3 rotation means:
• Only 180 working days per year—that is less than half the year!
• Built-in overtime—you are scheduled to work 48 hours one week and 36 the next.
• Every other weekend is a three-day weekend
• You have time off during the week