$130-140K plus bonus
Our manufacturing client in Chino, California area is looking to hire an Operations Manager. This Operations Manager will direct and coordinate day to day operations of the facility in an industrial organization. Responsible for managing local scheduling and real-time operations that facilitate the maximization of resources to achieve customer satisfaction, productivity and economic goals.
- Prepare operational schedules and coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Cultivate a proactive and sustainable health, safety and environmental culture that supports company policy, practices and complies with local, state and federal laws.
- Evaluate production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan facility operations.
- Assist in directing plant activities to achieve optimum utilization of machinery and equipment.
- Build high morale through active engagement of employees.
- Recommend capital improvements to plant.
- Develop or revise SOP’s and observe to ensure compliance with standards.
- Resolve operational, manufacturing and delivery problems.
- Ensure customer expectations and ARP quality requirements are met.
- Manage the departmental managers/supervisors who in turn supervise department personnel.
- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Operations Management, Business Management or related field
- 8+ years plastics manufacturing experience at a management level.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, forecasting, scheduling, real-time operations management and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fast moving consumer goods manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership skills with previous experience developing, coaching, mentoring a team of managers.