This position will be remote initially, and could remain remote if the successful candidate does not live near Chicago.
Our client is a leading independent supplier of products for industrial communication and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
They are seeking an Inside Sales Engineer to join their team in Chicago, IL. This position is an excellent opportunity to acquire experience in Industrial Automation and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). This position will jumpstart a career in the fast-paced, growing industry of industrial connectivity.
The focus of the Inside Sales Engineer will be on growing the business with standard products, as well as, looking for custom project opportunities. The Inside Sales Engineer will work closely with Outside Sales and development teams, as well as with international Product Managers and Product Engineering teams.
In addition to working with a global team of internal engineers, the Inside Sales Engineer will also interface with many of the largest companies in the Industrial Automation and Industrial Internet of Things industries.
Most Inside Sales activities will be conducted via telephone and e-mail, but some travel may be required, including possible international travel to their European headquarters.
Required travel is on hold due to COVID-19. This position allows for flexible work and will mostly work from home until COVID-19 conditions improve but will require some presence in the Chicago office after the pandemic. Relocation to the Chicago area will NOT be required.
- Work with the Outside Sales team to drive specification and usage of all product families with a primary focus on Machine Builders, System Integrators, and Device Manufacturers
- Direct customer interaction from inbound emails and phone calls and proactively call on potential customers to qualify leads and vertical market targets
- Identify and define customer applications and work with internal resources to determine if the company can provide a solution.
- Work with both channel sales and direct sales to close business
- Work closely with internal marketing teams to develop a marketing strategy, messaging, and content to encourage sales growth in target markets
- Target potential new contacts within existing key accounts or new accounts entirely
- Represent the company at industry events and meetings around the country and internationally.
- Manage product development projects from initial customer inquiry through production delivery. This includes projects ranging from the standard product through full board-level custom development projects
- Maintain a high degree of technical knowledge to allow in-depth technical presentations and discussions with customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Minimum two (2) plus years of relevant experience working and supporting customers
- Working technical knowledge in industrial automation controls, IT networking, and cloud platforms
- Strong desire to develop a career in industrial connectivity and solution sales
- Excellent communication skills with a strong Customer Service orientation
- Ability and willingness to take the initiative on problems and see them through resolution
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with CRM is a plus
This company offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and long- and short-term disability insurances as well as a wellness plan, FSA and HSA Savings Plans, a company share savings program and a company matching 401k plan.
Bilingual Spanish/English applicants are encouraged to apply. Only applicants legally authorized to work permanently in the United States without visa sponsorship will be considered for this position.