This position reports directly to the Quality Manager.
Specific Job Duties:
- Customer quality responsibilities
- Training of operators in standardized processes
- Coordinate dimensional evaluations
- Complete capability study
- Audit/document quality systems
- Problem solve assembly issues
- Work closely with manufacturing team members as well as interact directly with suppliers and customers
- Assist in maintaining LPA process
- Troubleshoot quality issues with the Operations and Technical department
- Root cause analysis through fast track response process
- Assist in the development and mentoring of the Quality techs
- Support Quality Manager in daily functions as needed
- Audit internal process to ensure they meet TS/ISO Standards
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance, and validation of CMM programs used for the measurements of manufactured and supplied parts using PC DMIS+CAD software/ Polyworks.
- Read and interpret GD&T to determine dimensions and tolerance specifications.
- Prepare sample submissions (PPAP) to include final product inspection on PPAP, Engineering, Production Trial Run, and other samples.
- Assist Process Engineer/Technical Group with qualification and validation of new or changed tooling, fixtures, and parts.
- Analyze inspection reports to determine adherence to drawings, specifications, and to troubleshoot failure mode.
- Assist and support manufacturing/production personnel with various inspection activities.
- Ensure Gauge Calibration is carried out according to ISO/TS16949 standards.
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment and CMM Chuck Fixtures
- Bachelor degree with 2-4 years of related experience or 3-5 years related experience in a quality manufacturing environment, automotive preferred.
- Good computer skills including typing and the use of Microsoft products
- 1 year or more CMM programming and/or operating experience
- Conceptual knowledge of production part approval process (PPAP) and relevant requirements preferred
- Working knowledge of SPC, capability studies, PFMEA’s, and Control Plans
- Ability to pay attention to detail, multi-task and follow direction
- Successful candidates will also possess strong judgment /decision making skills, problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong analytic problem solving skills
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision