My biotech client is expanding and seeks an experienced Computational Chemist to take on the following tasks:
- Liaise with Data Science and Medicinal Chemistry groups to facilitate effective drug discovery and development.
- Partner with Structural Biology, Medicinal Chemistry and all other relevant functions to drive structure-based design for all ongoing drug discovery programs.
- Analyze biochemical and cellular SAR and other relevant data including in vitro ADME and PK.
- Develop and implement computational chemistry methods to triage compound designs and impact decision-making.
- Build close partnerships with all stakeholders to influence overarching discovery strategy.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- PhD in Computational Chemistry and track record of proven impact through the application of computational chemistry approaches including SBDD, homology modeling, molecular dynamics, and quantum mechanics.
- Deep technical expertise with commonly used computational chemistry tools and methods.
- Skilled in cheminformatics approaches including QSAR and machine learning and data analytics.
- Publications and patents that demonstrate a track record of application of computational approaches to solve problems and advance drug discovery.
- Knowledge of ADME principles, multi-parameter compound design and optimization.